A race in the style of a Belgian Kermis: Bad weather, cold, rough roads and early season. Only the tough and rugged rider need apply! Organize your teammates, tune up the bikes and head out to Corning, NY for a true hard-man's race!
Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2014
To Benefit: Hornby Volunteer Fire Department
Current Race Sponsors: NYSBRA
The race is also part of the Graffiti Weekly Racing Series this year!
--Race promoter and Chief Referee reserve the right to combine fields based on rider turnout--
· NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION – Pre-Reg with BikeReg only!
· Race check-in opens at 8:00AM and concludes 15 minutes before each race start.
· Held under USA Cycling Permit # 2014-408
·This event supported by a grant from the New York State Bicycle Racing Association (NYSBRA)
· A valid USA Cycling license is required to be presented at registration for Citizen or Cat 5 male riders or Cat 4 Women riders, or he/she will be charged the one-day license fee of $15 (USA Cycling increased this price in 2014, the race and promoter receive $0 from this)
· Course description: The course is NEW for 2014 will be 8.75 miles per loop and 1,100 fee of climbing per lap with the major dirt/rock section from last year removed. The "Rogers Wall" still remains! The course has A LOT of climbing and a 11-25 or 12-25 cassette and 25mm tires are strongly recommended. A great prep race for the Bloomfield Spring Classic hosted by GVCC!
· Official Course:
· NEW - Two YouTube Videos of the Revised Course. Check them out here:
Part 1: http://youtu.be/ll0xuY3TPGo
Part 2: http://youtu.be/bfYh2mY0wAI
· Please note that our host facility has requested that alcohol not be consumed on the property and that changing take place either inside your vehicle or in the indoor bathroom facilities provided
· Questions: Race Promoter - Brian Klotz (Contact) – Phone # 607-377-0167 (Also your race-day phone contact)
· Directions: Hornby Town Hall – 4830 Hornby Road, Beaver Dams, NY 14812; From West – Take NY-17/I-86 to Exit 44 for Painted Post/Canada Road/Sullivan Science Road/County Route 107. At the top of the ramp, make a Left. Go straight through the stop-light intersections, past the Sunoco and Chemung Canal Bank. Continue on N. Hamilton Street until T-Intersection with Hornby Road/County Road 41. Make a Left and go approximately 5.2 miles to race HQ. From East – Take NY-17/I-86 to Exit 46 for Corning, NY/Corning Museum of Glass. At bottom of ramp, make right onto NY-414. Cross over bridge to Winfield Street (.5 mi) and make a Left. Continue until T-intersection with Reynolds Avenue. Make a Right and continue 5.5 miles to race HQ
2011 Results - USA Cycling
2012 Photos Posted - Courtesy of Jim Lassoie
2013 Results Posted - USA Cycling
2013 Photos Posted - Courtesy of Jim Lassoie