A race in the style of a Belgian Kermis: Bad weather, cold, rough roads and early season. Only the tough and rugged rider need apply! This race will be a great preparation for the following weekend's Tour of the Battenkill, so grab your teammates, tune up the bikes and head out to Corning, NY for a true hard-man's race!
Date: Saturday, April 6th, 2013
To Benefit: Hornby Volunteer Fire Department
Current Race Sponsors: Hammer Nutrition, NYSBRA, Red Star Worldwear
--Race promoter reserves the right to combine fields and increase prize payouts based on rider turnout--
· NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION – Pre-Reg with BikeReg only!
· Race check-in opens at 8:00AM and concludes 15 minutes before each race start.
· Held under USA Cycling Permit # 2013-217
·This event supported by a grant from the New York State Bicycle Racing Association (NYSBRA)
· A valid USA Cycling license is required to be presented at registration for Citizen or Cat 5 male riders or Cat 4 Women riders, or he/she will be charged the one-day license fee of $10
· Course description: The course loop will be 7.35 miles per loop. Highlights include dirt and gravel sections of 1.4 miles and .9 mile, a blazing fast downhill, a quarter mile “wall” of between 18 and 22 percent, and a fast lead-in to the finish. The course has some climbing and a 11-25 or 12-25 cassette and 25mm tires are strongly recommended. A great prep race for the Tour of the Battenkill the following weekend!
· Official Course:
· Please note that our host facility has requested that alcohol not be consumed on the property and that changing take place either inside your vehicle or in the indoor bathroom facilities provided
· Questions: Race Promoter - Brian Klotz (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Phone # 607-377-0167 (Also your race-day phone contact)
· Directions: Hornby Town Hall – 4830 Hornby Road, Beaver Dams, NY 14812; From West – Take NY-17/I-86 to Exit 44 for Painted Post/Canada Road/Sullivan Science Road/County Route 107. At the top of the ramp, make a Left. Go straight through the stop-light intersections, past the Sunoco and Chemung Canal Bank. Continue on N. Hamilton Street until T-Intersection with Hornby Road/County Road 41. Make a Left and go approximately 5.2 miles to race HQ. From East – Take NY-17/I-86 to Exit 46 for Corning, NY/Corning Museum of Glass. At bottom of ramp, make right onto NY-414. Cross over bridge to Winfield Street (.5 mi) and make a Left. Continue until T-intersection with Reynolds Avenue. Make a Right and continue 5.5 miles to race HQ